Friday, March 11, 2011

#FF Follow Friday Edition!

I was up really late last night following the Japan Earthquake/Tsunami, such destruction, my heart goes out to anyone affected by the distaster.

On a lighter note:
Time to try out a new Follow Friday tradition (#FF)! Instead of simply tweeting who I reccomend to follow, I'll give my twitter highlights of the week.

But, before we got to that, I have to do a little plug for my newest article over at QS Insider. This one is about Tracking Your Results.

Which brings me to my first #FF, @modogodot, who allowed me to post his Draft Tracker spreadsheet in my article. Greatly appreciated, dude! While I'm at it, I'll include @MarshallLRcast here too, as the Limited Resource tagteam is the only pair that gets an #FF from me every week. These guys put a lot of time into their podcast at MTGcast.com and deserve all the praise in the world. Typically you can expect great interaction with them about draft picks. This week, not so much, but Marshall chimed in on the sword discussion I had with @chosler88 and @smi77y among others. We all speculated on what the new W/R sword might have for abilities. I still think the White will be a 'demystify' effect, while Red could have Shatter or crush, but @chosler88 mentioned that none of the other swords have a "may" clause. I recently thought that maybe it could be: "... deals damage to a player destroy target enchantment and artifact defending player controls" it takes away the may, and doesn't force you to destroy your own sword. Only time will tell I suppose.

@chosler88 is another QS insider writer, and this guy is a pro, i constantly am picking up good tips from him, and his articles are always slamdunks. Along the QS vein, I also want to plug @fatecreatr who makes the most detailed spreadsheets I've ever seen.  In the spike section, @joshjmtg posted some detailed metagame analysis, that was helpful to me.

Other twitter highlights: I got at least 3 links from @wrongwaygoback that made me cackle outloud. This guy is not only an insightful design and EDH blogger, but has a great sense of humor.

@dangerawesome (Dan Barrett) was one of the lucky ones who got a contract out of the SCG talent search, and is trying to name his new column. Everyone vote for my suggestion, Grin and Barrett! (Very punny.) Dan's stuff is always great, check it out, his newest was up earlier this week on starcitygames.com.

Also, @GriffnValentine, who regularly posts his original MTG art, put up a pretty sweet Factory Worker token.

Last, but certainly not least, is @card_kingdom. Rumor has it they're opening a sweet retail/gaming store in the Seattle area and beyond that, they are awesome enough to sponsor Limited Resources podcast.

No comments:

Post a Comment