Friday, March 25, 2011

#FF Blog Entry

This was a somewhat quiet week on twitter for me. Doing a lot of testing for #scgLA this weekend, and also battling a lot of Ascension. A friend and I play for $0.25/point, doubles on a skunk (games won by more than 20). It's led to some late nights, and a lot of gaming. Good times.

Anyway, on to the new tradition of #FollowFriday...

@modogodot and @marshallLRcast (and their sponsor @card_kingdom) are always on my list, check their Limited Resources podcast over at mtgcast.com
Last week they were kind enough to plug my blog, and I really appreciate that.

@fatecreatr is playing in a PTQ this weekend, and I know he's been putting in some work, so here's to "Getting There" He's also provides amazing content over at QuietSpeculation.com on the Insider section. (Shameless plug: My latest is up at QS Insider here)

Lately I've stopped plugging the pros and most recognized writers for #ff. The reason for this, is most of you follow them already, or are aware of their existence, and choose to not follow them. The ones who engage with players (not just other pros) are the ones I'd like to give a quick shoutout to: @thepchapin @semisober @fivewithflores

I'm giving a shoutout to @mr_friday He engages all sorts of people on everything, and has great insights.
I have a feeling he's somehow connected to the 'cool crowd' of pros, but i haven't figured out how (or really tried). In either case, he's certainly worth following.

Big ups to Nina @cardboardwitch Really funny and snarky. and she *dodges* like a champ.

@hobbesq avid edh'er but gives good insights on any magic format, has a deep knowledge of cards (and statistics and sports)

I have to include @wrongwaygoback He always has the wittiest MTG related commentary. He's got a bajillion followers, but if you aren't following him. Do it.

QS Crew that i interact with daily: @dtlerch (spike editor) @joshjmtg (Spike author "justice league) @chosler88 (Finance guru)  @cavemankellen (spike author)

@metaknightmare talks alot about life as a student, which i enjoy, as i miss the "good ol days" but he also talks lots about cubing, constructed, and video games.

@two_eyes started dabbling in the MTGO draft scene, and its been interesting to see what comes easily to him and what he struggles with. but he also comments on all the "hot issues" on any given day.

@vrazix Doesn't poke his head out too often, but when he does its usually an astute comment about what ever topic is on the table.

If you're not on this list, engage me! If you follow me, and I don't follow you, tell me why i should, and I will! (just ask @grant_champion, who is a great person to follow for pauper info)
Thanks for reading, happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment