Friday, April 22, 2011

#FF Blog - Follow Friday, Spoilers, and Pick the Deck!

Happy Friday!

Sorry I couldn't post last week, I know many of you were in great dispair with out me. First, I have to give a shameless self plug, to check out my latest from Quietspeculation.com, its in the insider section, so sign up, and read it. Also lots of other great stuff on there, like @chosler88, and @mtgstephenmoss. The free section has some of my favorite twitter 'pals' like @cavemankellen and @bgardnerdurbin. So #FF all them peeps.

Also, always #ff to the Limited Resources Podcasters, @marshallLRcast and @modogodot. I really want to take a moment to pat Marshall on the back. He has attained the level of troll, that only I (and maybe @semisober) can appreciate. He trolls ever so subtly... jussssst enough to get you to nibble. I love when he rakes @smi77y through the coals... (not so much when I'm the recipient, but win-some-lose-some).

This week I asked some of my new-ish followers to introduce themselves, and both @mtgtroll (an employee of @card_kingdom) and @gamedoll said hello. I can already tell I'm going to enjoy @mtgtroll's humor, and @gamedoll is a chick from texas who is into MTG and swings a katana! she promised to post a picture when she gets a chance...

Also want to reccomend that everyone follows @two_eyes... He's an Econ student who's sharp and prepared to jump in on any give twitter topic. You'll find him in various forums around the interwebz as well.

Also a quick shoutout to the san diego peoples, @hobbesq, @josephlocascio, @gkstull and our own local Level 2 judge @dzimet who is just getting the hang of twitter (and doing so much more swiftly than he admits).

On a local note, some of the guys from my LGS started up a website/blog about commander at http://www.thecommandzone.com/ Check it out, they'll be posting videos of matches, among many other things there. I've been watching them work on things for quite a while over at the ol' gaming shop.

There's a bunch of people I highly reccomend following, and there's literally no one on the 250+ people I follow that I wouldn't reccomend. If i haven't gotten to you yet, remind me why you're awesome!

So, on to some chit-chat. Spoilers. Yeah, so leaked... godbook... lawsuit... whatever, drama. I have mixed emotions about the spoilers, and I've heard a lot of the same sentiment around the twitterverse. I really just feel bad for the smaller sites that depend on spoiler season to draw traffic to their sites. Boo. As much as I'm always clamoring for spoilers, i think WotC does a good job of doling them out responsibly, and this is quite literally, shooting the wad.

But now, the highlight of the day, Pick the Deck!
Tommorrow , i'll be playing in a WPN Nat Qualifier, that offers one bid to Nationals. I'm letting YOU pick the deck I play. Which ever deck receives the most votes, either here or on twitter, I'll run tomorrow.
Sorry, no Caw-Blade or Valakut here... you have to choose between my awful homebrews... MUAHAHA.

1- Pyromancer Ascension aka #JustPlayPA
I've written about this deck at length on this here blog, I'm taking @dtlerch's suggestion in removing treasure hunt in favor of 2x Jace Beleren and 1x Call to Mind. The Sideboard is TBD.

2-  Tezztructive Force aka #carbrew
This is a pretty standard Tezzeret Grixis deck, similar to what @thepchapin played in paris, but less lands, more artifact ramp, and destructive force. Game plan is to ramp with artifacts, armageddon, and win by making 5/5's or by jace-fatesealing off lands, or casting a wurmcoil of artifact mana. It's really fun, and REALLY swingy. Can simply win a game out of no where, but can totally fizzle with a board of mana artifacts...

3- MBC aka #getinthevat
This deck is a mono-black control deck, that revolves around abusing mimic vat, and tons of card advantage. Cards like Liliana's specter, (and liliana herself) phyrexian rager, skinrender, inquizition, massacre wurm and wurmcoil, all come together to produce medium sized bodies that no one wants to kill, because they can't survive them under the vat! Specter+vat lockouts, Skinrender+vat destruction, Massacre Wurm+vat hilarity!

To place your vote, do so in the comments below, or by tweeting at me with the corresponding hashtag.
Presuming the experience isn't a total nightmare, and more than 2-3 of you vote, i'll do a write up on the the tournament that i will guilt all of you into reading .

Goin to the padres game tonight, should be cool, don't be jelly.
Happy friday!

3 comments:

  1. FWIW so far we have 1 vote for PA and 1 vote for Tezz...

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAH! I totally missed this. What did you end up playing? What was your record?

    ReplyDelete